Established in 1993, CCPPP is a national not-for-profit non-partisan, member-based organization with broad representation from across the public and private sectors. Our mission is to collaborate with all levels of government, Indigenous communities and the private sector to enable smart, innovative and sustainable approaches to developing and maintaining public infrastructure that achieve the best outcomes for Canadians.. The Council is a proponent of evidence-based public policy in support of P3s, facilitates the adoption of international best practices, and educates stakeholders and the community on the economic and social benefits of public-private partnerships.
The Council organizes an annual conference that is recognized internationally as the premier forum bringing together senior government and business leaders in the P3 community at which the most successful Canadian public-private partnerships are celebrated through CCPPP’s National Awards for Innovation and Excellence. The Council is governed by a Board of Directors and operated by several staff.
The Council's vision is to influence the way in which public services are financed and delivered in Canada by:
- Encouraging public-private partnerships
- Providing information on public-private partnerships and maintaining a Canadian PPP Project Database - P3 SPECTRUM
- Sponsoring conferences and seminars on partnerships that allow participants to share innovative ideas and solutions through a national network
- Stimulating dialogue between public and private sector decision-makers on the financing and delivery of public services
- Educating the public
- Conducting objective research on key issues that influence the effective use of partnerships